Thursday, May 16, 2013

Movie Review: Side Effects

Title: Side Effects
Cast: Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum, Jude Law, Catherine Zeta-Jones
Genre: Horror, Thriller, Crime



***Disclaimer***

This entry might have a lot of spoilers so I must warn you.




Since it's summer vacation, I have nothing to do but watch and watch a lot of movies and shows and I stumbled upon this movie called Side Effects. I'm not the type of person to watch horror flicks because I'm a scared-y cat but I saw that Channing Tatum was one of the lead in this movie...hence, I gave it a shot.


The movie is about a woman called Em (Rooney Mara) who is married to Martin (Channing Tatum) who has been in prison for about 4 years. The time came that Martin is about to leave the prison and live a normal life with his wife. Then one day, Emily decided to ride the car and crash the car onto a wall. She was then sent to the hospital for minor injuries. With that, the doctor on call, Dr. Jonathan Banks (Jude Law) talks to her if she was suicidal or if she was thinking of committing suicide. Emily said she was fine and then she said she needed to get out of the hospital because she needed to work. The condition for Dr. Banks to release her was for her (Emily) to take therapy sessions with Dr. Banks outside the hospital. When they met outside the hospital they had therapy and Dr. Banks gave her prescription medicines.

To cut the story short, Dr. Banks prescribed Emily some medicines that caused her abnormal behavior thus putting Dr. Banks' career in jeopardy thus came the title Side Effects.

The movie for me is a good movie. It's a crime thriller and the story evolves. It has a lot of twists and you'll never guess some of the plot or the motive of each character.

Overall, I think this is a fun movie and I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment