It was Ladies Night last Saturday and ate Cacar messaged me if I can go out that night. I said yes of course! Who would resist going out? I'm making the most out of my single life. Anyway, I only have 5 days left before I get married so I'm expecting this week to be very hectic.
We were supposed to go to Shangri-la Mall and eat fancy food at the new wing but we got lazy to move to Shangri-La. We decided to hop to Capitol Commons instead. It's just walking distance from our houses. Our first choice was Tipsy Pig. We were already inside but the place was already packed with people at 8 pm.
Good thing we decided to leave and went to Black Olive Cerveceria. We were accommodated immediately. We had a nice table on the second floor. Ambiance was good. The service was good. Thumbs up to Black Olive.
The food for me was delicious. We ordered Pizza, appetizers and pasta. Price is on the higher end but overall it was a nice experience.
The attendant gave us a complimentary dish. It's bread with fancy oil dip. I don't know the name. Hahaha :D sorry. But anyways, it was okay.
Then they served the calamari. The calamari was also okay. The dip was okay too.
Then they served this. I think this is in the hot plate. It's called Chorizo something....but this I have to say is one of the best dish. It's really delicious. I love this plate.
And then this is the Proscioutto de Parma. Yummy for the price. It was worth it. I think this is P390 or something.
This one is the pasta. I also forgot the name but this is a good dish. I love the fact that they have quality food. It was rich in flavor.
My lovely neighbors. Ate Cacar and Ate Sheena :)
We would definitely go back here if time permits. I love the place. I love the food. I love the service.
Hahahahaha ^_^ this is actually a funny face showcasing my crooked teeth.
Anyway, I used the BH cosmetics That's heart palette on my eyes (the light brown, dark brown and the shiny white eyeshadow) and I used the contouring powder for my forehead, cheeks and jawline. As highlighter, I used the Maryloumanizer by the balm, for my eyebrows, I used a Daiso eye brow pencil and for my blush, I used the Milani baked blush in Luminoso. Lastly for my lips I used the Maybelline Nude Lipstick in NU37.
Another purchase from the Vanity Zon. Thank you so much Ms. Bea and Tess Labilles for the smooth transaction. You can visit their online shop at TheVanityZone .
I'm actually crazily hoarding a lot of brushes. I don't know why. It has become an addiction to hoard brushes even if in reality I really don't have much use for them because I haven't started my makeup stint per se. I mean if you don't do the make up of other people it is fine to at least own a set of good brushes. I have a lot. I don't know. Maybe because my first brush set came to an obligatory goodbye a year ago that's why I am buying a lot of unnecessary make up brushes.
Going back, I ordered this from the Vanity Zone. I just find the brush and the casing cute. The casing reminds me of Sigma. The brushes are way way cuter. I love the colors. The brush itself is really soft. If I may add, the brushes are synthetic, meaning, it is cruelty free. I just like the notion of items that are cruelty free because I am an animal lover. I just hope they don't turn hard like my Real Techniques brush.
The BH Cosmetics Pop Art Brush Set contains 10 pieces.
I think this is a good set of brushes to bring when you travel because all of the essentials are included in the set. I always travel and I need things that are handy and compact.
I'm excited to bring this baby along with me in my adventures.
My package from the Vanity Zone arrived last Friday. Thank you for a fast and smooth transaction. You can visit their site here: TheVanityZone
Anyway, I bought this palette from thevanityzone. It's the BH Cosmetic That's Heart Palette from Youtube Makeup Guru ThatsHeart. From my knowledge, I know she is also half Filipino like Judy from It's Judy Time. It's a palette that contains 8 eyeshadows, 1 blush and 1 contour and highlighter.
The packaging actually reminds me of Too Faced cosmetics. It's very dainty and girly. It has a heart shaped mirror and at the bottom it says XOXO, Heart
First impression, sadly, I am not liking the pigmentation of the colors of this palette. I only like the black shade because it's the only shade that does not come off easily. I hope I am wrong but I will play with this palette more and give it a second try.
I do like the packaging because it's easy to carry but I am disappointed with the pigments. It's not as pigmented as my other BH cosmetics palette.
I've actually been very meticulous about my makeup brushes ever since I had that acne breakout problem last year. Like what I've said before, my skin is not really prone to acne. I got stressed out that my face was popping zits everyday and I realized that my makeup brushes, sponges, applicators were the main cause of my acne problem.
I have this problem with being Obsessive-Compulsive but it's not yet the freaky OC disorder. hahaha :)) I'm still on the norm. Well not really OC but I just want things organized. Cleaning makeup brushes with shampoos takes a long time. You need to shampoo each brush one at a time. You need to dry them out for like 6 hours. Lucky if you get to dry them for 4 hours at least.
Since I'm impatient and I don't like to wait 6 hours for the brushes to dry, I bought this brush cleaner called Parian Spirit. You can buy it from Suesh. Costs around P850 for the 237 ml. Too bad, the Parian Cleaner Solutions here does not come with the small container. So I just use a plastic container to pour some solution for cleaning.
Downside of always using the Parian Spirit : My brushes are not as soft as before. I'm a little sad that my Real Techniques brushes are a little stiffer than when I first used them.
There goes my rant. I'm just upset with the condition of my makeup brushes.
I recently became a member of Sample Room. It is an organization in the Philippines that gives you sample of products and then you have to rate and give a review for the product. As their tag line goes "try before you buy"
So I had my samples came in today and yesterday. I am so happy with my goody bag today. They sent me a full size sample of the Colour Collection BB Cream. Colour Collection is a Tupperware Brand and I think it recently just launched its line of cosmetics with Bianca Valerio as their head make up artist and Bea Alonzo as their brand ambassador.
The box has a description of the product at the back that goes:
Delivers various age defying benfits to aid in collagen production. Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
From my knowledge, BB Creams, CC creams, DD creams and all other creams, the main goal is to stop aging. It does not really regenerate but it makes your skin intact so that it will not "age" anymore.
In the long run I think it will help our skin defy age. As to what they say...but of course, it would take years to actually see the difference.
I am pretty impressed with this product. To be honest, I thought this product was just similar to other local brands in the market but to my surprise, for me, the level of this product is comparable to Etude House and The Face Shop in terms of quality. Pretty impressive for a local brand.
This is how the cream looks like on the back of my hand. It has a nice creamy consistency. You can easily blend it on your face.
It has a nice coverage. As you can see, my black spot is not visible anymore. Overall, I like this product. I like it better than my Loreal BB Cream. According to the website the price for a 40 ml tube is PHP699. Not bad because the Loreal BB Cream is also PHP699.
Will I buy it? Yes! Definitely. If I get to finish the sample sent to me, I will buy one again. I actually use BB creams as primers. Nonetheless, I think this product is worth it.
Downside: It is already summer and it is horrifying to use BB Creams. Sad to say the Philippines is a tropical country and the heat will just melt it away.
I just want to share with you some pictures during my recent trip to Malaysia. Specifically to the capital which is Kuala Lumpur. I love the city because of the rich culture, the food and of course, shopping! Malaysia is one of the countries where there are plenty of promotions and sale.
I know it is a bit late to post this but I just want to share with you guys the products that I have been constantly using last month.
It's mostly Sephora products that I bought from Malaysia. I'm just so in love with all these products and these are all worth the money I spent for them.
Here's a rundown of my February Favorites:
1. Sephora 10 hour Perfection Foundation - my shade is in Medium 25 Beige. I love love love this foundation because it gives you coverage and it is a buildable. I used this foundation for our Prenup Photoshoot in Malaysia and I never had to re-touch my makeup. It was there from morning until we finished at midnight. It's good value for money. It costs about RM 69 = Php 966.
2. Sephora 10 hour Perfection Foundation in Tan 45 - I bought this solely for the purpose of contouring. It works the same way as the other shade. It works best if you blend it and then put a bronzer on top for emphasis.
3. Sephora Smooth Nail Polish Remover - This is a bit pricey for a nail polish remover but I love the fact that it gives a nice after smell. Your nails will smell good after using this. This I think is RM30 = Php 420
4. Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Travel Essential Brushes - One of the best brushes that I've used. It doesn't shed. It is synthetic which I like because it is cruelty free. I think it is very durable and it would last longer than my other brushes. I bought this for P1,250 from an online seller.
5. Sephora Express Drying Oil - this is my Holy Grail for my nails. It works wonders. Well actually if you are always on the Go and you need your nails to dry up quickly, you have to have this one. It is also a bit pricey because I bought this for RM 30 = Php 420. You get .23 fl oz. of product but you only need a few drops on your nails so I guess its not a bad deal.
6. Sephora Nail Laquers in Beige, White and Transparent - I also bought this from Sephora Malaysia. It costs RM 26 each = Php 364. A bit pricey because you only get .16 fl oz of product. I said to myself it is worth the money because my nails usually chap off fast because I teach kids. It will be a miracle if my nails are still okay after a week and it did that exactly. So not bad for the price because of good quality.
7. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD - my shade is in Natural. This is still my favorite drugstore brand of concealer. I bought this from the States for US $2.99 = PHP 134.55. Not bad because it works as good as the MAC concealer. I like the coverage of this one better than the MAC concealer but longevity wise, I would go for MAC.
8. MAC Studio Fix Powder - my shade is in C3.5. I bought this in Malaysia for RM 114 = P1,596. I think the Studio Fix Powder is cheaper here in Manila because it only costs P1,400. Anyway, this is my Holy Grail Powder. I love the coverage. I would always buy this one and I will not go back onto buying other brands for powder.
9. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - I bought this from the MAC Cosmetics store in SM Megamall for PHP 1,000. Not a bad price because you only need a bit of this and it will go a long long way. It is a buildable concealer. What I love about this one is the longevity of the product as you don't have to do re-touches.
10. Loreal Lucent Magnique BB - They said that you can use this as a foundation but I actually use this as a primer. It is white in color. I like using this as a primer. You only need a few of this to cover your face. I think I bought this at Watsons for PHP 699. I like the fact that it doesn't have any smell unlike other face primers that has a scent.
11. The Balm Mary Lou Manizer - this is by far the best highlighter that I've used. My holy grail for Luminzers. I love using this product because it gives me a nice glow. My husband bought this for me from a Sasa Store in Kuala Lumpur. A little of this goes a long way. Whenever I use it, it gives me that subtle radiance.
12. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - By far, this is the best Naked Palette and I've been using this palette ever since it came out. I love the rose gold hues and the eyeshadows are very pigmented. As to what I said before, I've always been an Urban Decay fan so this one is a favorite.
I ordered a few makeups from the very friendly Ms. Sonja Consular of makeupboxbysonja. Thank you Ms. Sonja for the very fast and smooth transaction. Until my next order :)
Going back, I order a few cosmetics from Ms. Sonja and it arrived today. I am very happy with my loot.
I ordered the Milani Baked Blush in 03 Luminoso. I've always been a fan of Milani Baked Blushes. I had my first Milani Baked Blush back in 2011 and the shade is in 04 Terra Sole . The shade was too dark for me. It was an old rose shade. I used it before as a contouring blush to emphasize my cheeks. Peach-pink blush colors flaunt my skin. When I was browsing Ms. Sonja's online shop, I saw that she was selling Milani Baked Blushes and I saw Luminoso and I said to myself I need to buy that shade. The shade is just perfect for me. I think my camera flash didn't give justice to the picture because the color in person is a beautiful peach color which I think will be perfect for the summer.
I also ordered the Rimmel Lipstick by Kate Moss in the shades 104 and 110. I've heard a lot of raves on this lipstick and I wanted to know if the lipstick was good. I like the smell of the lipsticks. It doesn't smell like plastic. Some high end brands that I am using smells like plastic but this actually smells like fruit. Sort of like a lipbalm smell.
I cannot wait to try them out and play with these babies :)
This was actually given to me by my husband coming from a quick trip from Malaysia back to Manila. He went to Sasa Shop in KL to buy this highlighter from the Balm, which I was raving about. I showed him a picture and to my surprise, he bought it for me.
It has a cute packaging. I actually like all the packaging of the Balm. It makes me want to buy all their cosmetics. The Balm in general has a good quality line up of products. Their blushes, highlighters and eye shadows are pigmented and it has a lasting power.
In their website, the description of this product goes:
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.