Hello loves! I am back! Last April, we went to Seoul, South Korea for a very short trip. I want to share with you my experience in getting a visa.
We applied last March 2016 and after getting our visas, we immediately flew out to Seoul.As with any other visas, you can always opt to apply 3 months before your actual fly date.
We all applied for a Tourist visa. There are other types of visas available for application but the requirements below are simply for those who are going on a leisure trip to South Korea :)
Without further a do, here are the requirements for the Korean Visa application.
1. Passport - You need to have a valid passport that is not of course expiring or at least have a 6 months validity.
2. Passport Size Colored Picture - white background
3. Application Form - download the application form from the website and answer it completely. Do not leave any space blank. Write N/A if not applicable.
Other Supporting Documents:
4. Bank Certificate - You need to get a bank certificate and show the embassy that you can afford your trip to their country. No amount was indicated but at least have 50k in your account.
5. Statement of Account - I'm not sure if this is needed but we submitted it anyway.
6. Income Tax Return or form 2316 - copy is okay
7. Certificate of Employment - original must be submitted
8. Copy of the First Page of your Passport
9. Original and Copy of any existing visas from U.S., New Zealand, Japan, Australia, Canada, Korea - if you have any, it will help if you submit and show it to the embassy.
10. Marriage Certificate - if you are married
Once you have all the requirements you can then proceed to submitting the documents to the Korean Embassy.
Embassy of Korea in the Philippines
McKinley Town Center, 122 Upper McKinley Rd, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila
Submission of Visa Application is only in the morning (8:30 am to 11:45 am) while retrieval of passports are done in the afternoon (1pm to 5pm).
Once you have submitted your requirements they will give you a piece of paper that you need to submit to the embassy when you retrieve your passports.
For first time application, I think it takes 5 business days before releasing the passport. In the paper, they will indicate the date when you have to come back and retrieve it. For second time application I think it's only 3 business days.