Sunday, December 25, 2011

Random Rant: Being on the late 20's, On getting married, Raising a Family, Being Single, LDR, Random Talk :)

I love the holiday season. It gives me so much time to ponder. By the way, today is 25 December 2011. I want to greet everyone a


Anyways, I want to blog about random stuff. Thoughts and sentiments that I want to share with you guys. Here it goes! Hahaha :))

All of you know that I'm already in my late 20's. I'm turning 27 next September. To tell you honestly, I look better as I age. Conceited as it may sound but it's true. I've been looking at my pictures from before and after. I look so ugly when I was younger. I was so fat and ugly. hahahahha :)) The hell with norms of beauty right? In God's eyes, everyone is beautiful but to everyone's eyes, there's a defining norm of beauty but I do not care. For as long as I'm doing a good job and I haven't done something wrong then I'm fine. 

For comparison's sake, this was me back in college. Six years ago. Hahaha :)) OMG! I'm soooo fat here! Hahahahaha :))) 


But, look at me now, I'm soooo fabulous, hahahaha :)) this picture below was taken May of this year. See? I'm like wine. Wine tastes better as the age. So am I...HAHAHAHA :O))


Next random stuff: On the topic of getting married.



Yeah, I know...most of my peers are already getting married. Me? I don't even have a boyfriend. For all those who know me personally, you all know my story. Hahahaha :)) Honestly speaking and it comes from the heart, friends, thank you for all your concerns. I am not worried that I am single. It brings me to laughter sometimes that my family is more stressed about my love life than me. HAHAHAHA :)))))  I do not know why my friends and my family are bothered on to why I do not have a boyfriend. When it comes, it comes. My love life is just plain messy. That's all there is to it.

Marriage is just a contract. Written documents to prove to everyone that you're married. I don't even want to be married here in the Philippines. I want to be married in a place where divorce is legal. LOL :)) I'm serious with that by the way. Hahaha :)) 

I think, I don't need to prove to 200 people that I love the person I'm going to marry. Marriage is a big cultural thing here in the Philippines. Either way, I think, I won't have that much people to invite when I get married. As much as possible I want it 50 persons or less. That's it. Only the special people in my life will witness this event! hahahaha :)) 

On Raising a Family



I think, the problem that I see with most couples getting married is that they do not see the bigger picture. Why do you get married in the first place? All they care about is the wedding day and the enormous amount they need to make to spend and burn on that one day. I'd rather prepare for the future than waste lots of money on one day. I told my ex, 'I want to have lots of babies if ever we get married'. He said 'that would be expensive'. I just told him 'that's why we have to earn lots of money for our future'. 

I want to have a big family. Lots of kids. I want 5 kids at least. I told him, 2 kids would be boring. He agreed with me. Having a baby, I think is the most wonderful thing in the world. I remember him saying and I have to bold this part because this is the sweetest thing

our conversation went: I said "Don't you like that? When we're at home, then we'll see our kids running around and wrecking all our furnitures. Hahaha :))" He goes

"Yeah, I'll look at our kids and say 'hey, that's half of me and half of you running in the living room'." 

The time I heard him say that I was like 'oh shit, can we elope right now cuz I want u to be the daddy of my babies?' hahaha :))) but you all know the story. we ended up breaking. lol :)) that leads to the LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP thing

Being Single and LDR 



When it comes to being single and having a long distance relationship. I think I can write a book on that already. I'm the expert! hahaha :)) Crazy as it may sound but I will tell you that it works. Case-to-case basis that is. When you look at the bigger picture, people are amazed with the fact that I was in a long distance relationship. It's something new to them but in the other countries, specially in the U.S. where there are lots of military families. It's nothing new. I cannot explain it per se because you have to experience it yourself before you judge people. That's why I salute all those who are in a Long Distance Relationship. Only a few can stay strong and committed. 

As for me, I'm single and happy. I'm ending 2011 as a singleton. Not at all worried that I'm turning a year old single again. All I can say is that if you're happy, then clap your hands! hahahaha :))) 

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment