Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cleaning your Make Up Brushes 101

Recently I have been having skin problems specifically on my face. I'm usually not prone to acne and I am not used to having my skin breakout. I realized that my brushes, sponges and whatever I use to put on makeup has been very dirty and of course, I need to clean them up.

It takes a lot of time and effort to clean makeup brushes. You need to clean them with soap and water and then have it dried. It usually takes a lot of time for the brushes to dry up. Makeup brush solutions are quite expensive. Most of the makeup brush cleaners costs around P900 to P1000. It's very expensive if you ask me.

Most of these makeup brush cleaning solutions have one component that cleans the brush bristles and that is Isopropyl Alcohol. So what I do is I clean all my brushes with Isopropyl Alcohol. The solution should at most be 99.9 percent. I mean it should kill bacteria. That's primarily the purpose of it - clean the brushes and kill the bacteria in it. This is very economical especially to Make Up Artists. It is a fraction of a cost of those branded cleaners, plus it takes only 60 seconds to clean the brushes. Well at least for small brushes it takes 60 seconds to dry up.


No comments:

Post a Comment