Saturday, June 28, 2014

Movie Review: Transformers Age of Extinction

I'm back! Finally have the time to update my blog. It's been so crazy lately that my body clock is not functioning correctly. Not that I'm on a different time zone but my husband's shift is on a different time and it affected me as well that's why I haven't been blogging lately.

Anyhooo...


Last Thursday, we were able to watch the 4th installment to the Transformers Franchise which is Age of Extinction. We were supposed to watch it at Suria but for some reason everybody was there to watch and all seats were selling fast. We then moved to Bukit Bintang and watched at the Pavillion Cinema.


We managed to get a free Optimus Prime Magnet. We bought the popcorn and the drinks bundle and the lady said we can choose to get Bumble Bee or Optimus Prime. We got Optimus Prime. 



***Spoiler Alert***

Okay, if you haven't seen the movie I suggest you skip this part...

The story is nothing new to the previous movies. It continues from where the last story ended but the plot seems nothing new. The same thing, Auto-bots and Decepticons are in the planet but this time the humans do not work with the Auto-bots. They hunt them and their main target is to find the location of Optimus Prime. Same plot about alien invasion with the twist of having the "seed" in play. 

What I liked about the movie:

As far as CGI is concerned, there is no doubt that this movies is seamless. It gelt like the robots were actually there. Great job on the CGI aspect. 

What I don't like about the movie:

I didn't like the story. I think it was poorly written. There's no adrenaline rush to it unlike the previous Transformer movies. 

Poor acting. I didn't felt the actors connect with their audience. When you watch a good movie, you should feel the emotions of the characters. It was just like watching a rotten egg. Good exterior but rotten and smelly inside. 

The story was too long. I felt there were scenes that were like "What? Why is this fight scene happening again? Oh yeah...never mind..." 


My Overall Rating

4.5 out of 10 (just because it had good CGI but other than that, there's nothing to rave about the movie)


Have you seen the movie? What are your thoughts about it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment