Thursday, December 11, 2014

Too Faced Melted Kisses Holiday 2014


I am back once again for my first holiday set review which is the Too Faced Melted Kisses lipstick set. 

This was only released in Sephora Malaysia yesterday while in the US it was released October 2014. The packaging looks very festive as you can see. These lipsticks by the way are only mini sizes. It contains 4 shades which are: Melted Nude, Melted Peony, Melted Fuschia and Melted Berry. The lipstick also has a velvety applicator that's why there's no need for a lip brush. 



A picture of a clean velvet applicator:


Swatches of the lipsticks:

Bare lips


With Melted Nude


Bare lips


With Melted Peony


Bare lips


With Melted Fuschia


Bare lips


With Melted Berry


Positive:
- comes with an applicator
- travel size
- packaging is adorable

Neutral:
- the shades are okay

Negative:
- it should be called a lip tint and not a lipstick
- price is steep 
- tint doesn't show the true color not unless tried with a lip concealer/neautralizer

My thoughts: 

I am confused on to why it is called a lipstick. I think it's more of a tinted lip gloss than a lipstick for me. It's very shiny and liquid-y. Lipsticks are supposed to be creamy hahaha but that's just me. I only liked the Melted Peony and Melted Berry. The other two are so-so for me. Good thing, I didn't bought the full-sized lipsticks because it will be a waste for me if I did. 


Where to Buy: Sephora 
Price: RM 99
Will you buy it again: Perhaps no, way too expensive plus I didn't like how it transferred to my lips. Not a fan of glossy items.









2 comments:

  1. Melted Peony is such a cute colour! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think Peony is the best among the bunch :)

      Delete