Sunday, December 28, 2014

Year End Round-up: Top 5 Foundations for 2014

Only 3 more days until we embrace 2015 and what better way to welcome the new year with a round-up of my makeup favorites for 2014. 


Disclaimer: The products above are not sponsored of any sort. I bought the items and some were given as gifts. All that I state below are purely my thoughts. The products work for me but it might not work for everyone. 

1. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in1 

This was given to me as a gift. I've wanted to buy this foundation for the longest time. It is available in Manila but I just didn't have the time to go out whenever I was there. Sadly it's not available in Malaysia. My swap partner, Crystal, gave this to me as a Christmas gift. I am so amazed with this product. I love coverage. I mean, if you put on foundation, might as well go full blast with it. This gives you medium to full coverage and it is buildable. The consistency of the foundation is a bit water-y than most but it works. The only down side for me is that it has a pink undertone which doesn't work as well as others. It kind of gives me the white effect but I like this foundation :) 

2. Catrice Nude Illusion in 030 Nude Beige

Another gift given by Crystal all the way from Austria. I am so impressed with this foundation. This is a full coverage one. One tiny drop goes all the way. When I finish the bottle, I plan to repurchase. Catrice is available in Manila and also in Malaysia but I haven't seen any foundations here in Kuala Lumpur. 

3. Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

As you can see in the picture, this foundation is almost empty. Hahaha :) my most prized foundation of all. It gives medium to full coverage and it has a correct undertone. It also has a pump so it's easy to apply. Very creamy consistency compared to the Covergirl 3-in-1.

4. Makeup Forever HD Foundation 

This foundation is gives a light to medium coverage. Consistency is liquid-y (not the typical that I go for) but what I love about this foundation is that it is HD camera friendly. The best friend of people who wants to take selfies LOL. It hides your pores making you look flawless on pictures. 

5. RCMA Vincent Kehoe Cream Foundation

The big daddy of all foundations and the friend of every makeup artist. It does the work of Makeup Forever HD Foundation plus you get a lot of pigment for a tiny amount. You get 18 shades on this palette which is very suitable if you are a MUA. You can also use the shades for concealing, highlight and contour. What more can you ask for? Price is a little bit steep but it does the job. 


I would love to hear what are your favorite foundations for 2014! 


2 comments:

  1. I haven't even rounded up my most used makeup yet, let alone just my foundations! I do want to try that Catrice one, but I need a little more push :) Better research some more.

    Latest Post : From Manila with Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I super love the Catrice Nude Illusion foundation. It works well for Filipina skin plus it has very good coverage. I love it the same way as my Sephora. Even better because this is cheaper than Sephora brand :)

      Thank you for replying! Will visit your blog soon! <3

      Delete