Friday, March 20, 2015

MUA LUXE Velvet Lacquers

#MUALUXE
#VelvetLaquers
#Beauty
#London

Okay enough with the hashtags lol >_<



I received this babies last February if my memory serves me correct. My friend Rishey gave this to me as a gift. I've always wanted to try out the MUA Velvet Laquers. It was said to be a dupe for Lime Crime Velvetines. 

Here are my thoughts on the product: 

I actually don't own any Lime Crime Velvetines so I really can't compare the two. I know the MUA Laquers are much more affordable than the Lime Crime ones. 

Clarisse gave me 3 shades for the MUA Velvet Laquers and the shades are  


Criminal - a hot pink shade
Kooky - Dark Violet shade
Dare - Rich Red shade 


The Laquers take awhile for it to set and here are some swatches. It's a liquid to matte formula. Liquid to matte lipsticks are very popular now a days. 

***Forgive me for the redness and spots on my skin, I'm not really wearing any foundation. I'm simply wearing the lacquers on my lips****


My Bare lips 


Swatch of Criminal on my lips. It's really a vibrant shade that is good for summer. 


Bare lips 


Swatch of Kooky on my lips. A good shade for the Autumn Season. 


Bare lips


Swatch of Dare on my lips. A very classic red in my opinion.

I tested the staying power of the Laquers. I ate lunch and drank water and this is the end result of the product:


As you can see, the product already faded. Pretty much you have to remove and re-apply the whole thing.


Points to ponder:

What I liked about the product:
- has a doe foot applicator
- very cheap
- no scent
- highly pigmented 
- simple packaging design

Neutral
- It can be messy to remove. It leaves a pigment on the lips but so does all lipstick in my opinion lol >_<

What I don't like about the product:
- most of the time, the dried particles of the lipstick goes to my teeth lol
- it doesn't stay long, literally after eating, it crumbles off

Where to Buy: I have no idea actually but I know it is readily available in the U.K. 
Price: it was given as a gift
Repurchase: Probably not 
Would you recommend it? Yes, just to check it out. I mean considering it's cheap. It's a good alternative to those who are bargain hunting. 


Those are my thoughts on the MUA Velvet Laquers. Have you tried the products above? I would love to hear your thoughts on it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment