Friday, March 20, 2015

Side by Side Comparison: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer and Benefit's The Porefessional

#beauty
#Primers
#thePorefessional
#Benefit
#BBPrimer
#Tarte


I recently got the chance to go to Sephora. I was looking for a good brush and it made me look at some other stuff to check out. I know I'm a little too late with the bandwagon with regards to the Porefessional. Hahaha >_< 

Anyways, I bought two new primers just because I wanted to check if there are better primers out in the market. Summer is already kicking in and what better way to start by testing out products. 

Benefit The Porefessional
#minimizepores


I know it's been around in the market for quite sometime now and I wanted to see whether it's really a working primer or it's just really a big hyped-up product. 


The product claims the following:
- lightweight
- minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines

You can use it two ways:
A. Under your makeup
B. Over your makeup

Honestly, I haven't tried any primer over my makeup. I always use it under my makeup. 


The product has a flesh tone. Unlike the Balm Time Balm which has a gel like white color. 


When blended at the back of the hand, the color doesn't really show. 

What I like about the Product:
- it is lightweight 
- minimize pores
- packaging is a squeeze tube
- good amount of product

Neutral:
- it has a scent. Sort of reminds me of an isopropyl alcohol but it's not a bothersome scent
- the price is okay

What I don't like about the product:
- it feels like you are applying a silicone based product. Sort of like the Time Balm from the Balm. 

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer
#BroadSpectrum
#SPF30


Upon paying on the check-out counter, I stumbled upon this product together with the Maracuja Oil. I read that it was a primer so I bought it. 


The product claims the following:
- 12 hour primer
- healthy treatment
- build able coverage
- oil-free moisturizer
- pore minimizer
- skin brightener 


Product is more like of a BB cream. 


When blended at the back of the hand

What I like about the product:
- it's a BB cream
- doesn't have the silicone feel
- doesn't have a scent 
- has SPF
- squeeze tube packaging 

What I don't like about the product:
- it's more expensive than the Porefessional

Verdict:

Definitely, between the two product, I am leaning more towards the Tarte primer than the Porefessional simply because it doesn't feel like silicone plus it's healthier to use for the summer. It has SPF and it can be used as a stand alone product. It simply does the job of a primer and a moisturizer all in one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment