Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Colourpop Cosmetics Haul

I I first heard about Colourpop Cosmetics through Dani from CoffeebreakwithDani. It was way back last year that she was raving about this new cosmetic company that sells really good eye shadows with a $5 price. It was only this year that I got to order and try these babies. It took me awhile to figure out how to order since Colourpop doesn't ship international. They only ship to US, Australia and New Zealand at the moment. 


I ordered their Spring collection eyeshadow called Rebound. I'm not sure if this is still available at the moment. I also ordered 3 Lippie Stix. All of these costs $5 each (4 eyeshadows is $20 and 3 Lippie Stix is $15). 


The Super Shock shadow shades are Ex,  Adios, Too Soon and One and Done. How cool are those names? Lol very nice names for the quad Rebound. Hahaha :))


I can say that the colors are really nice for  Spring-Summer. The formula of the eyeshadow is something new to me. It's like a bouncy cream consistency that turns to powder when used. 


These are the shades when swatched at the back of the hand. It is very pigmented and it turns to powder. 


Then I ordered 3 Lippie Stix which were Frida (Satin), Easy (glossy) and Brink (matte). 


The top picture is Frida. It's a collaboration between coffeebreakwithdani and Colourpop cosmetics. It's a nude pink Colour which I love. I wear this shade the most out of the 3.



Pictures on top is my bare lips and bottom is with Frida. It's very much like a MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade. 


Next is the shade Easy which is a glossy finish. I find the shade very girly and Barbie type. 



Upper picture is my bare lips and lower one is with Easy. It reminds me of the shade St. Germain from MAC. It's a very Barbie pink color. 


The last shade is Brink which is a matte formula. It reminds me very much of the 90s lips or the Kylie Jenner lips. We warned though that I feel the lipstick is very drying since its matte. I recommend that you pucker your lips with some lip balm before putting this on.



Upper picture is my bare lips and lower picture is with Brink. The shade can be a dupe to MAC Mehr. 

Points to Ponder:

What I like about the product:
- eyeshadows are highly pigmented
- price is a steal ($5 each?! For a very nice product..it surely is a good price)
- contains a decent amount of product
- the technology of the eyeshadows are very new to me (bouncy cream to powder formula)
-Lippie Stix are very easy to apply. It glides well on the lips. It has a creamy formula that reminds me of the NARS Audacious lipsticks 

Neutral:
- Lippie Stix has a scent. It doesn't smell like the MAC lipsticks but it smells similar. The scent doesn't bother me. 

What I don't like about the products:
- they don't ship international
- matte formula for the Lippie Stix can be very drying. My advise is to put a lip balm first before applying the matte Lippie Stix.
- eyeshadows take a lot of getting used to. It's hard to apply for a newbie 
- it's hard to combine the shadows all together. You will need the proper tools (dense synthetic brushes) for it to be applied properly. 

Where to buy: colourpop cosmetics website 
Price: Super Shock Eyeshadow $5 each
          Lippie Stix $5 each
Ships international: No, only ships to USA, Australia and New Zealand





















No comments:

Post a Comment