Sunday, May 25, 2014

MAC Playland Lipsticks




MAC released the Playland Collection for Summer 2014. They described the collection as "Funtastical wonderland where spring becomes fabulous whirlwind of creativity and amusement".



The collection actually reminds me of Katy Perry's video California Gurls. The enigma of the video was also whimsical and the colors were vibrant. Not to mention, Katy also released the song in time for spring-summer.



I was able to purchase the Limited Edition MAC lipstick last week and I am very happy with my new lip colors.




I bought 2 shades - one is Happy-Go-Lucky and the other is Red Balloon. Both lipsticks are limited edition and comes from the Playland collection.



I am so in love with the Happy-Go-Lucky shade. It's a bright pink amplified creme lipstick. I even wore it yesterday at a wedding event.


That's the Happy-Go-Lucky shade. 


This is the Red Balloon on my lips. I both love the colors. Both are in pink shades. Red Balloon is on the darker pink. I can't really say it's Red. It's more of the reddish pinkish color. 

The lipsticks in general are highly pigmented. Although longevity wise I would say it only lasted 3 hours until it faded and needs to be re-touched. It's also very moisturizing. 

 I really love buying limited edition lipsticks. Maybe because I tend to regret not buying one specially with MAC LEs that I really like. 

Side Note:
Anyways....I've been wanting to buy the Maleficent lipstick but I have too many red lipsticks already and to be honest, I'm not so fond of wearing red lipsticks because it makes me look older hahaha :) I think the True Loves Kiss is similar to the Viva Glam Rhianna. I opted not to purchase online. It was released in the US a few weeks ago. I want LEs in my collection but O really have a lot of red lipsticks. I can still think if I'll buy it or not because it will be released here in Manila on Wednesday in all the MAC counters...

2 comments:

  1. There's always something about limited edition stuffs. You look pretty with both shades :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitch :) Yeah, there's really something about LEs. I'm still thinking of purchasing the Maleficent True Love's Kiss though :)

      Delete