Friday, July 4, 2014

Movie Review: X-Men: Days of Future Past


This is a super late movie review. This was in my draft folder for a month now HA HA :) I have the luxury of time to post this review now.

Anyways, I know most of you have seen this movie. By far, this for me is the best Marvel movie in the making. I know that the movie and the comic book world doesn't seem to be parallel when it comes to story telling but heck...it also goes the same for novels and movies - we can't expect it to be exactly the same because the director adapts his vision of what he reads through cinematography. 

Preview



Anyway...to warn you, I'm not a die-hard comic book fan but I know a little history about the Marvel universe. This movie was adapted from Uncanny X-Men Days of Future Past #141 - #142. In the original comic series, it was Kitty Pryde who went to her younger self to save the future. In the Uncanny Xmen Series, it was Bishop who was sent to the past to save the future.

Storyline 

In the movie, we see two settings, the future where all the mutants are being killed and the past where Wolverine goes back in time to save the future with the help of the other Mutants. Kitty Pryde sends Wolverine back in time to seek the help of the young Dr. Charles Xavier. They need to stop Raven/Mystique from assassinating Trask. Moving forward, they were able to reverse the past and Wolverine wakes up in an alternate future. 

Movie Raves

By far, this is the best X-men Movie that I have seen. Story-wise and CGI-wise, this is one of the best in my list for 2014. I like the scene of Quicksilver. I think it's very fun and playful. The cast were superb and I felt like I was a part of their journey to save the world. It also makes me look forward to the next X-Men movie which is Apocalypse. In the extra scene we saw a very young Apocalypse in Egypt. I am very much looking forward to watch the next Marvel movies in line which are Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant Man, X-Men Apocalypse. 

Rating

I'll give this movie 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment