Thursday, July 7, 2016

First Impression: A'pieu Air Fit Nude Foundation

Hello Guys! I am back with another review. This time, I'll be reviewing a product from the Korean brand A'pieu. The product that I'll be reviewing is the A'pieu Air Fit Nude Foundation. 

Disclaimer: This product was not sponsored in any way. This was bought by me for the purpose of research.
 

As you can guess, aside from looking into liquid lipsticks, I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation. For the months of June and July alone, I think I already have bought 5 to 6 liquid foundations. 


Packaging 
- Packaging of the product is simple. Product is inside a plastic cylinder with a dropper top. It contains 18g of product which is equivalent to only 0.60 FL.OZ.  It's not the standard amount since you get 1 FL OZ/30 ML for a standard liquid foundation. 

Product Materials
Since I cannot read Korean language, I opted to do a little research of the elements that make the foundation and I found out that it contains mineral water, water essence, plant oil, Apple mint extract and rose water plant extract. 

Claims
The product claims that it will give you a soft skin look, it will cover skin blemishes and will sooth your skin because of the aloe vera element. 

How to use
- Shake Well 
- Use puff or hands and apply gently on the skin. 

This is how it looked like when I applied it on my face. 

A little bit of background
I have normal to dry skin. I'm NC35. Korean foundations usually have 2 shades (no.21 and no.23). I choose shade 23 because it's darker than 21. 


As you can see, it did some color correction and covered some of the dark spots on my skin. It gave a dewy finish on my skin which is a plus for me. It also doesn't have a flash back when taking pictures which is another plus. Though being nc35, the shade looks a little bit light. Although I have noticed that it is a trend in Korea that their foundation doesn't really match their skin tone. 

Pros 
- lightweight foundation 
- dewy finish 
- no harmful ingredients 
- has soothing factor 
- covers dark spots and blemishes 
- travel size 
- you only need a few drops to get full-coverage 
- cheap compared to other makeup brands 

Neutral 
- has a scent but it begins to diminish once applied on the skin 
- product amount is small but I think size doesn't matter because a small amount will give you enough coverage 

Cons
- only has 2 shades (no.21 and no.23), not suitable for women of color 
- not readily available in the Philippine Market (no physical store unlike Etude House, Tony Moly, Banila Co., etc.) 
- if you do not do proper hydration (toner, Essence, serum, primer) prior to putting on the foundation, it would look patchy 
- dries up fast, you need to work fast in blending the product, I find using the brush and then working with a beauty blender better than using your hands. 

Would i repurchase it? 
I probably will repurchase for back-up. I like the foundation although it's a bit too light for me

Would I recommend it to others? 
Yes! Highly recommend it to those who have normal to dry skin. Even those with oily skin because when it dries, it kinda dries with a powdery texture and it sticks to your face. Plus it has a luminous effect. 

Product Rundown
Product Name: A'pieu Air Fit Nude Foundation 
Price: PHP282 or US$6 
Where to Buy: if you live outside South Korea, you can buy it from TesterKorea or Korean Depart 
If you live in the Philippines, you can get it from Yuri Ji of Korean Cosmetics Supplier PHILIPPINES 
Shades: Shade 21 (Light) Shade 23 (Light Beige) 




No comments:

Post a Comment